Thursday, March 6, 2008

In the Writing Desert...

First, I have to apologize for the recent scarcity of posts. I've been working on a couple things, but they're not yet finished. Sometimes I have lots of ideas. Sometimes I think I have lots of ideas (but really don't).

After a very slow start to the week, my primary client has done the just-when-you-thought-it-was-safe-to-sleep-in! turnaround, and I've been in the office the last couple days. Great for billing, but the bus commute kills a lot of time [which I'd rather spend writing for this blog, and for making pretty things (see below)].

I've been working on the jewelry thing, and I'm pleased to say I've listed my first necklace over at etsy! Yay! I have a few more necklaces I need to put up, and a few more to string and complete. After wearing one to my client's office today, a co-worker is interested in me making one just for her. Double yay! I don't expect to get rich with the jewelry thing. Making jewelry is fun (pretty, sparkly things!), gives me a creative outlet (I can't really use my creative writing skills when writing a technical manual for a machine...), and I get to exercise my mind by taking different colors and beads and making them into a single piece (already, the things I'm designing now are more colorful and more "designed" than what I did a week ago...). Getting paid to have fun? Priceless!

Yes, it's getting busy. Though, I've been petsitting for the last couple weeks, and I've spent a lot of time sleeping in and laying low (when I haven't been doing client work). I really need a vacation, but haven't gotten around to planning one. So, this petsitting gig has also worked like a mini-vacation for me, so that I can recharge a bit.

I'm not disappearing...just being a little scarce these last couple weeks. It won't last, promise!

No comments: