Thursday, April 24, 2008

This Week's Carnival

I'm late announcing it, but I was included in this week's Carnival of Personal Finance. It was hosted over at The Happy Rock, and my article How I Save Money (aka Why I Have Seven Savings Accounts) was included.

Because it's relevant to me, I found Freelance and Contract Technical Writing Rates interesting. I know I got lucky with my first client, in the rate I negotiated and the fact that I hadn't had specific technical writing experience (though I had plenty of other writing experience). The article also does a great job of encouraging you to know your worth in your job market, which is invaluable. I recently heard a story of someone who is receiving $50/hour as a contractor. Sounds great, right? Then this person learned their agency was charging the client something like $180/hour. Outrageous!

Just looking over the titles and summaries of the other articles included show there is an exceptional number of good articles. I hope to catch up with them over the weekend!

1 comment:

Roman said...

Thank I will check out that link, extra money never hurt anyone.