Monday, April 7, 2008

Ugh...I Waited Too Long

Of course, I wrote about my sore throat. By the end of Saturday night, it felt like the outside of my throat was expanding (it was) and the inside was shrinking (can't scientifically prove this, but it felt like it). Not a joyful weekend, no.

I was laid out yesterday, and took two (!) naps.

Today, I'm feeling better, though my attention span is still quite limited. Yesterday and today, I've been trying to do a tiny bit of work on the website project, and I've only been able to focus and concentrate for about 10-15 minutes max. I haven't even been able to focus on a single sudoku puzzle most of the weekend... I haven't even been able to focus for long stretches on the book I'm currently reading.

So, yes, just as I'm gearing up for a vacation, I get sick. It looks like I'll be better by Thursday, based on how I feel today. Though I'm not sure if I'll go to my client's office tomorrow... I was scheduled to go today and was planning on both Tuesday and Wednesday. I have work that I can do from home, so it won't be a total wash this week, but I certainly will not be billing the hours I expected.

I originally wanted to go on my vacation starting this past Thursday, but I had dinner plans with a very-hard-to-pin-down friend (i.e. he was taking me out for my birthday dinner, and my birthday was, umm, seven months ago...).

In counterpoint to my last post, while taking a vacation can make you money, not taking a vacation can cost you money. Granted, other people have sick time, but still... I've known plenty people (ahem...workaholics) who've not taken vacations and blazed through all their sick time and then had to use vacation time when they were at home wheezing and sneezing.

I think it's time for another nap.

1 comment:

Katie Gregg said...

I'm sorry you feel so rotten. Hopefully a day or two of vacation will have you right as rain!